Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mod 3 Social Networking

I spent quite a long time looking through groups in www.ning.com and found out many interesting groups. I think Educational Technology which is recommended by Dr. Burgos is quite useful not only for this course, but for my future teaching. After I signed up and opened the website, the first article caught my attention is How to Create an Audio and a Video Podcast, which is just one of the Mods we need to complete in this course. The article gives every specific explanation followed with examples. I definitely will consult it when it comes to the last Mod. When I was seeing photos posted on Educational Technology, one aroused my great interests and led me to a wonderful website ESL (English as a Second Language) Web On Line Games. There are many interesting games which can be adapted in ESL classroom. The most exciting thing is they are all free!! Students are easily motivated in playing games while learning.
I checked out many groups. One common problem is that many of them have not been updated for a long time. Therefore it’s hard to me to constantly refer to them.
Another group I find useful is
ESL Classroom 2.0, which is quite a nice place for both English teachers and learners. There are a lot of resources for teachers to adapt, such as lesson plans, activities, other teachers’ experience and etc. There is even a job place on it. For English learners, resources are also abundant, from phonetics to presentation. Nice group!!

4 comments:

  1. Yang,
    I'm glad that you found some useful sites.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've finally got this assignment fiqured out. Site looks great, can't wait to work with you and the rest of the group this semester. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yang, I have noticed that some sites are not updated regularly also. I think that is the one thing that can be a little frustration. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i would definetely try tojoin this group.
    saima

    ReplyDelete