Monday, April 13, 2009

Global Collaboration Part 2

Among those tools I've explored in the last mod, I think I will integrate Voxopop in a project for global cooperation. Actually, I am thinking of integrate Voxopop with either ePals or TalkingITGlobal. Voxopop(formally Chinswing) is a short of audio-based discussion board: it’s a place where you can post your question or thought to create a conversation (or to answer an existing one) and wait for others to reply in the same fashion. I choose global warming as the topic of my project, for instance. This topic is listed on both ePals and TalkingITGlobal and there are many threads there. Also, there are some classes around the world are doing the same project right now. I can either connect with another class through ePal or just work independently. I can ask my students to read through some posts posted by people coming from different areas, and then to summerize what they've read and post their own opinions. Then I will create a discussion topic about global warming on Voxopop. Students are required to respond to the topic orally. Also, they are required to respond to other students' responses (around 3 students) at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Yang,
    This sounds like an excellent use of Voxopop.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete