Monday, March 2, 2009

Tweets

It's so good to know such a great platform!! People post their thoughts, what they find interesting or useful , or what they are doing right now, which are so-called tweets on twitter. You will never know what responses people will pop up with. Also, you might be suprised to find out your friends are interested in the same thing just as you are.
I didn't twitter too much in the past two weeks, since I don't have much information to share with my friends. But I spent a long time looking at others' tweets. The more people you follow, the more tweets you have to read. The function of "following" is amazing!! By following the people you are interested, you will always get the up-to-date information of their thoughts, their readings, and some links they've posted. I should say, most the tweets are useless, which are usually about weather, what they are doing and etc. But there are also some informative tweets. For example, I followed EFL Classroom 2.0 and it provided very useful links about various activities that can be used in EFL classroom. Quite fun!!
The thing I don't like about Twitter is that there is a limitation of words you could type. You can only post a few sentences and that's the only function Twitter gets. You can not upload audio or video files. Also, I feel that twitter is like facebook in a certain way.

1 comment:

  1. Yang,
    Yes, Twitter is limited to text, but there are other microblogging tools that allow media uploads. Take a look at Spoink or Plurk to see what they allow.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete